Hi! My name is Angel. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you'll enjoy reading my posts. Please subscribe to my blog to receive update.
Thanks again and enjoy!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Science Update

Mosquitoes carry life-threatening diseases like malaria and dengue fever. Insect repellants containing DEET (from it's chemical name diethyl-meta-toluamide) are recommended as protection from mosquitoes. This is applied on skin but not on eyes, mouth, cuts, or wounds. DEET-containing products may also be applied to garments, window screens, tents, mosquito nets, and sleeping bags.

  Some insect repellants contain herbal products like citronella, oil of eucalyptus, or soybean oil. However, the protection from these products is less compared to the protection from products containing DEET.

0 comments:

Post a Comment